- Tue, 14 May 2013 12:00:00 +0000: Data Governance as Usual – Media Coverage about SAS
Creating a sustainable governance practice means transcending the pilot phase to become ‘business as usual’ Keeping governance on the corporate agenda means keeping it warm with executives and stakeholders alike. Identifying information initiatives and requirements as part of—rather than separate from—established business planning processes ensures governance retains a seat at the table.
- Sun, 12 May 2013 12:00:00 +0000: California Utility Expands Forecasting Capabilities with SAS – Media Coverage about SAS
SCE reports, “With the increase of wind and solar resources and a high penetration of smart meters in the California market, the business of energy forecasting is increasingly complex…However, gathering quality data for analysis is no longer labor-intensive. With SAS…model development, data analysis, reporting, and visualization are now all accomplished in a single integrated software platform, streamlining the load and price forecasting process.” Raymond Johnson, SCE principal manager of demand and price forecasting explains, “SAS helped us modernize. Having more integrated data and models helps us avoid operational errors and speed up the creation of forecasts, which in turn allows us to spend more time reviewing results and making any necessary changes. Since completing the SAS implementation in December 2012, our forecasters now have greater flexibility on improving model performance, reviewing forecasted results, and running reports.
- Fri, 10 May 2013 12:00:00 +0000: App of the Week: SAS Data Notebook – Media Coverage about SAS
SAS Data Notebook was named eSchool News App of the Week. SAS® Data Notebook lets students take control of their learning and monitor their progress. Built-in templates for mission statements, goals, checklists, plus/deltas, spelling lists and histograms are included.
- Fri, 10 May 2013 12:00:00 +0000: Social Network Analysis, predictive coding enlisted to fight fraud – Media Coverage about SAS
Government gencies are employing new technologies that can detect collusive relationships and combat some of the more sophisticated fraud schemes, such as SAS Social Network Analysis, which helps establish connections and relationships between people.
- Thu, 09 May 2013 12:00:00 +0000: Teradata Brings In-Memory Computing and Data Discovery to Big Data (appliance for SAS high-performance analytics) – Media Coverage about SAS
Teradata Brings In-Memory Computing and Data Discovery to Big Data – SAS high performance analytics appliance
- Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:00:00 +0000: A Reality Check on Forecasting Practices – SAS Webcasts
When it comes to forecasting, are you focusing on the wrong thing? Because the simple truth is that there is no such thing as the perfect forecast.
Yet many organizations lose time and money searching for 100 percent forecasting accuracy, only to end up doing more harm than good.
- Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:00:00 +0000: New Features: SAS® Activity-Based Management – SAS Webcasts
In this session, you’ll learn what’s changing as SAS Activity-Based Management morphs into SAS Cost and Profitability later in 2013. Topics include a road map of the refreshed product, new features and how you can use SAS Visual Analytics to explore all relevant data quickly and easily.
- Thu, 09 May 2013 12:00:00 +0000: Getting Started with SAS® and Hadoop – SAS Webcasts
SAS support for Hadoop is centered on a single goal: helping you know more – faster – so you can make better decisions. In this session, you’ll learn the basics of SAS and Hadoop, including how to move files to and from HDFS, analyze data stored in Hadoop, execute MapReduce from SAS and more.
- Wed, 01 May 2013 12:00:00 +0000: Live at SAS Global Forum: Get the Most from your SAS Experience – SAS Webcasts
In a special live session during SAS Global Forum 2013, a diverse panel of SAS experts shares informative resources to help users of all levels make the most of their experience with SAS. Topics include valuable classes and books, details on joining users groups and how your customer account executive can help you maximize your investment in SAS.
- Thu, 25 Apr 2013 12:00:00 +0000: How to Maximize Your SAP Investment with Advanced Analytics – SAS Webcasts
If you’re like many manufacturers, you get value from your SAP investment, but you’re also looking for more predictive insights. Well, here’s the good news. You can use analytics in concert with the SAP systems you already have – to improve your forecasts, shape demand and balance supply constraints.
Experts from Kellogg’s and SAS will share how you can use advanced analytics to integrate and analyze data from your transactional systems and get more value from your supply chain data.